In sub-Saharan Africa, 24 million girls can't afford to go to school. A girl may marry as young as 13 and has a one in 22 chance of dying in childbirth. One in six of her children will die before the age of five.
Research shows that if you educate a girl she'll:
- Earn up to 25 percent more and reinvest 90 percent in her family.
- Be three times less likely to become HIV-positive.
- Have fewer, healthier children who are 40 percent more likely to live past the age of five.
There are three ways you can support the Flaviana Matata Foundation in achieving our mission and vision:-
- School- Sponsor a Child. FMF provides school fees, supplies, uniforms and support for a girl to go from primary school to secondary school, college and further educational studies.
- Training Grants. FMF offers training and small grants for women to establish their own small businesses and cooperatives.
- Empowerment Programs. FMF conducts seminars and workshops in ‘Life Skills' to ensure that girls and women are exposed, engaged and empowered to become leaders and bring positive change to their communities.